Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sick in Leon

Temperature: Mild
Mood: A little crabby

Hello,

Yesterday when I arrived in Leon I actually had laryngitis! And I like to talk. So when I hung out with my fellow pilgrims for lunch, dinner, sightseeing - it was a bit difficult. Although, I still chatted quite a bit, I sounded like a frog.

Today when I woke up, I had a slight fever, runny nose and even worse laryngitis.

It was hard but I said goodbye to my camino friends. I then checked into a proper hotel. Today I plan to just sleep, drink lots of fluids and take some medicine that I picked up at the pharmacy.

Sickness is part of the camino. So are blisters, tenditinius, twisted ankles etc.

Some pilgrims must rest for days. Others have to give up the camino all together and try again next year.

I´m grateful. I should be okay by tomorrow.

Andrea